Monday, January 28, 2008

Tata's Bata

I finally gave my grandmother her Christmas present....yeah I know...it's almost February. Honeslty, I didn't even think about making her a gift until I saw Mimi J. was making one for her grandmother who, sadly, has since passed away.

Christmas Day I gave Tata (that is her pet name, given by my eldest brother who couldn't pronouce abuela when he was a toddler) an I.O.U promising I would make her a bata (nightgown) as she desired. She wanted a long gown with 13 inch sleeves in purple because she knows that it is my favorite color. This being the first time I've sewn a garment for someone else, I was delighted that she loved it!!

I used view B of Kwik-Sew 2172. I highly recommend it if you want to make something for your for the lil ole lady in your life.

This was few seconds before she made the cutest face...She liked it!!

She is stylin' with her matching slippers!!!


I sneaked a back pic :-)


16 comments :

mimi jackson said...

So great!!!! I am so glad you both got to have that moment! Makes me want to weep!!!!!!

Adrienne said...

Awwww how sweet!!!

Sheila said...

Talk about totally sweet.

Jada said...

She looks fabulous in beautiful gown.:)

Anonymous said...

Looks great. I need to make something for my grandma. She'd really love that.

Anonymous said...

aww, she looks great! My grandma used to wear those exact same nightgowns (though hers weren't quite so lovingly made!)...

Cas... said...

Very nice! My mom calls those nightgowns dusters. She looks adorable. Great job!

Lesalicious said...

Great job.:)

kasizzle said...

Adorable! I think my grandmother "needs" one now!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

That was such a sweet thing to do and I'm sure that your grandmother will treasure it!

laura said...

Just make me cry. Who doesn't love a comfy nighty and the fact that you made it? That woman was in 7th heaven believe me!!!

Faye Lewis said...

Yes how sweet. I know she appreciated and loved your gift. You made me miss my granny!

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

Too Cute. Ok, now i'm sad. She looks so much like my best friend, and love, my Granny, who passed a few years ago. :( You did a great job!

Berry said...

That is sooo sweet. I like the idea of matching slippers and nightgown, that's class!

Tearsa Smith said...

That is SO wonderful!

Cennetta said...

Beautiful. She looks very pleased with her gift.