I finished my Vouge 8379 wrap dress the Sunday before last, right in time to make it to church. I bought this polyester jersey from Metro Textiles last year because it screamed DVF. I used this pattern after all of the pretty success stories on pattern review. There were several recurring pattern alterations so I didn't bother making a muslin and just went with the recommendations and added a few of my own:
- Added 5/8" to the bodice and back. But be sure to add to the front facing as vogue forgot to add the 'lengthen here' line on those pieces.
- Lengthen the straps by 3 Inches
- 3 removed 2 inches from the hem.
- Interfaced the keyhole opening for the straps
- I did raise the armhole about a half inch. By increasing the seam allowance at the top of each armhole and gradually reduced it along the side it the normal seam allowance. The armhole sat a bit too low off my shoulder too my liking. I didn't finalize this last alteration on my pattern because I'm not sure it will vary depending on the stretch of the fabric I used.
The only thing I didn't like was the hand stiched hem. I shy away from hems I can't run through a sewing machine. Again...I need a damn serger. Over all I absolutley LOVE this pattern and I see myself making a good 2-3 more of these before the end of the year.
Oh and Mimi J tagged me for the book meme. You know the deal...I'm the last one to do it...so let me just share my quote. *turning pages* Ok..as luck would have it the book doesn't have a page 123 because its blank sheet. But here are the last couple of lines of the last chapter:
"I think more likely, though, if you asked Thomas and Kerry about it, they'd tell you that successful leaders are the ones who get out of the mind-set that they're just in the business of business and realize that they are also in the business of life. And because of the that, financial results will follow"
This is from The Big Five for Life by John P Strelecky author of The Way Cafe. This is a MUST read for every working girl, entrepreneur, or anyone with life aspirations. Its a quick read, grab it when you get the chance.
I'm soo sleeepy...I feel the wit and charm being drained out of me as I type....I have more new fabric, completed projects, pattern and updates but I just too pooped. Forgive me, I will type up my post on the train to work on my brand spanking new handy dandy pink Centro *huggs phone*.
Ok I'm out...